1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Limiting values on a ComboBox and Date

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sjtrupp, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sjtrupp

sjtrupp Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steven
    I'm trying to create a continuous form to do time sheet entry. The employees are separated into teams for the various handwritten time sheets. I'd like to create a form that would limit the names to those on the specific team and only show the entries for a specific date. So, if you grabbed the first sheet, and entered the date and team, it would be empty. Then you'd add the times for each individual on the list. If you had to stop mid way through, you'd reopen the form later, and after selecting the date and team again, the previous entries for that team/date would show. Then you'd select a new team and the old entries would disappear on the screen.

I know I should use unbound boxes, but I don't know if a form/subform would be best.

Tables
    Employees EmployID, Name, TeamNum
    Teams TeamNum, TeamName
    Timelog EmployID, Hours, WDate, Project Code

I use a combobox to get the EmployID, but I'd also like the Employee name to appear, though I wouldn't need it in the table. I've tried several ways on a continuous form, but nothing seems to work. A couple of things will work once, but then not show correctly after it's reopened.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    It's a bad idea to assume things but I am assuming this is in Excel?
    If so this answer might point you in the right direction.
    You could use a listbox with one or more columns and when you select the row in the listbox use the value in ID but have the others as reference

3. sjtrupp

sjtrupp Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steven
    Sorry, it's set up in Access.

4. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    If you are coding in VBA it's still possible to do but Access is a little outside my comfort zone

5. sjtrupp

sjtrupp Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steven
    I had the syntax wrong in one place and was overthinking the issue. I missed the step to create a query to include the teams.

It's not pretty, but it works. Now to add the projects, real data and make it easy to use...

Attached Files:

6. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Looks good, MS Access is still a little far away from me, I'll stick to Excel :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1206668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice