1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lines going down the middle of my monitor sometimes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Soreph, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Soreph

Soreph Thread Starter

my AW2518HF randomly gets these lines running down the middle of the monitor (pic one and two)
    It always happens in the same place for example, if I'm playing a game and the line in the middle of my monitor appears I can just look to a different location and it goes away, but if I look at that exact location again it appears. I can always get the same results if I know where to go or what programs make it happen.
    this does not happen with my other monitor only the AW2518HF.
    I've tested to see if it happens with two other display ports and an HDMI and it does still happen.
    I should also mention that if I know for example what location in a game and where I was looking I can go back there and it always happens again.
    the lines also always appear in the same place on my monitor and look the same.

Specs not that it matters
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 12
    RAM: 32700 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 953 GB (501 GB Free); E: 0 GB (0 GB Free); F: 930 GB (751 GB Free); G: 931 GB (438 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-OP

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Sounds like a flaky/failing AW2518HF.

3. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Hello and welcome to TSG!!

I agree with the good doctor here. You may be able to gently, but firmly, press along the top/bottom of the monitor and make it better/worse. That would clinch it. The bezel or plastic may be thick enough that it won't affect it, but usually some pressure on the circuitry beneath will show some change.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice