"Lines" on monitor and sometimes black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RicardoDikanto

Hallo, 2 days ago it started. I started to have "lines" on monitor like I don't know why and sometimes goign to be black screen. I bought new HDMI cabel and it is still doing. Can you help me? Thanks

Hello RicardoDikanto,

As you mention having replaced the HDMI cable it would appear that this is a desktop computer;

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the RAM (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode to see if the issues are still present.

Do you have another screen that you can try to see if it is the screen itself that has problems, alternatively, if you have a notebook computer and appropriate video cable try hooking up the notebook to your screen to see what happens.

RicardoDikanto

Ok, so I have computer(no laptop) it is custom built. Ehm I don't know where to find witch components I have :/ but I'll try... sorry but I am not good in computers ...

crjdriver

I don't know where to find witch components I have
Open the case and look. Just about every part has the mfg/part# silkscreened on the pcb OR a label with the part# and mfg.
Next do you get these lines in the bios?

cwwozniak

Chuck
If the monitor has on-screen setup menus, do the lines show up in the menus?

We need the hardware, Safe Mode and BIOS information before being able to suggests anything I`m afraid RicardoDikanto.

For Safe Mode, if you are running Windows XP, Vista or 7, restart the computer and keep tapping the F8 key.

For trying to access the BIOS, being a custom build you may need to restart a couple of times before finding the correct key, common access keys include Esc, Del, F1, and F2, as said you will need to keep restarting until you find the right key.

What about your hardware info.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online