1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lines on start up screen and won’t boot

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Diruss2, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Diruss2

Diruss2 Thread Starter

Had left my system on
    Came home to the computer not on and didn’t want to start
    Got it to start and this screen showed up
    Won’t start
    Keeps restarting
    I can not restore! I have important documents on there
    What can I do?
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    Please let us know exactly what 'computer' this is.

But the first thing I'd do it have the hard drive removed and everything pulled off you need. Then it can be diagnosed from there.

3. Diruss2

Diruss2 Thread Starter

It is a Mac all in one
    Not sure more than that and I can’t take it apart

4. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    I saw it was an iMac, but the year would help, as some had video card problems which would explain it.

But, there is a possibility that the HD also has an issue, and if that's the case the more you turn it on trying to get it to boot the more damage you're doing. The only way to be sure that your stuff you need it safe is to have it backed up and on an iMac that won't boot it has to come apart to remove the drive.

You can try Safe Mode, but it might not work, if it does backup your stuff before you do anything else. To enter turn off the computer, turn it on and IMMEDIATELY hold the 'shift' key....keep it pressed until you see the login screen.

Try that and update.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice