1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lingering trojan

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by rydain, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydain

rydain Thread Starter

I picked up an annoying little bugger of a Trojan about two weeks ago. m-bammed it but it was still hanging on. The worst of it was gone though and my computer wasnt crashing anymore so I decided to wait it out until I had the time to sit down and do any serious diagnostics. The only remnants of this trojan were that firefox would randomly open up a new tab to some attack site, google links would be redirected etc etc. Pretty common stuff. Windows host processes would also stop working within 10 minutes of my computer being booted up. Sometime this week though, I managed to pick up another trojan. Or the same one came back from the grave. I was at first unable to boot into safe mode, the IE "Deleting browsing history" window would come up randomly and delete the browsing history. Weird. I killed that one as well for the most part with AVG and M-bam. ALthough, now with all the previous symptoms listed I have a few new ones. I get an error saying "Error loading C:\users\NAME~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rpcqt.dll is not a valid Win32 application. AVG is also reporting M-bam as a trojan now...Attached is my most recent M-bam log.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
    Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18975

22/12/2010 9:12:51 PM
    mbam-log-2010-12-22 (21-12-51).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
    Objects scanned: 132675
    Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 36 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
    C:\Users\Howard Saphers\AppData\Local\Temp\spscom.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

2. rydain

rydain Thread Starter

Ok...out of no where new trojan. Or so it seems. Fake AV, windows defender or some such thing. Cant start m-bam, cant start task manager, safe mode boots into a blank black screen with windows build number. I am able to open up tskmngr in safe mode, but cannot browse under new task to start m-bam. Anything I can do now without just bringing it to a shop?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice