1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Link in signature

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Logain721, Sep 20, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Logain721

Logain721 Thread Starter

How do I add a Link in my signature? Mine doesnt appear to work sadly.

2. Big-K

Big-K

<URL= http://sitename>Any text you wish to appear</URL>
    Replace the <> with []. Im not sure the owner of these forums would like the link though.

3. Logain721

Logain721 Thread Starter

Thanks

I think I got it working, Dont know why they would have a problem with it. because the way it is set up makes it legal, and it is not meant to be used to obtain illegal content or to be used for illegal uses.

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Personally, I don't support p2p because most users are only interested in using it for illegal purposes. But, no, I don't mind your link. If the web site made claims that downloading copyrighted material was ok, I might have to reconsider. :)

5. Big-K

Big-K

Just making sure

6. Logain721

Logain721 Thread Starter

Thanks techguy, Im hoping to get some hits, hehe.

7. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    You're certainly on the right track, Big-K. It's a very fine line. :)

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I don't have the link in front of me, I removed it earlier today after receiving a pm from the poster.

Somewhere in the link was mention of obtaining cd keys.

Edit, found the link in my history........

Cut and paste from the site:

We also have features for requesting Cdkeys and more, which there are legal issues behind this and you must own the software/game/program that you are requesting the CDkey for, I know that its easy to loose these lil cdkeys that comes with many programs so I decided to add that feature to our forums.

If you lose those 'lil cdkeys' you simply call or email the company you LEGALLY purchased the software from. There is no "LEGAL" way around that issue that I know of....but I'd be happy to be enlightened ;)

9. ~Candy~

Oh, and this???? :confused:

Copyright Laws

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And again, your probably wondering whats with all the copyright stickys, well I am trying to avoid any trouble with companys that my not like my forums. Cracks are to be used for those that have the program but have lost the cdkey but need a crack for the main .exe file to access it again. If you didnt obtain the product legaly then you are breaking copyright laws.

10. deh

deh

Eh hem,
    Any person that has worked in a tech shop or comparable place that has ever used just any old CD and/or any key lying around to reinstall software previously on the system that is being repaired, please raise your hand.

*stomps foot*
    Come on, guys be honest.

Techguy I'm even looking in your direction.

;) :D

11. Logain721

Logain721 Thread Starter

Have you ever tried to get a cdkey back from the company where you purchased your game/software/program its nearly impossible, especially if you lost the receipt. They will pretty much tell you to buy it again.

And what it states there is not illegal, it requires that you own the product you are requesting the cdkey for before making the post.

And sense when are numbers and letters copyrighted, its not the cdkey that is copyrighted its the product. so posting a Cdkey to someone who legally bought the product is not illegal and breaks no copyright laws. Because the Cdkey is not copyrighted Therefore what law is broken by posting a cdkey to someone who claims to have bought the product legally?

12. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

It is sticky because there isn't a program out there you can't steal if you really want to. Any site handing out CD keys will be giving them out to pirates as well as any legal owner. Lets put it this way, I have spent 2 days downloading a huge piece of software I don't own. Now I find a website that says "you must own the software". As the fine upstanding pirate that I am I decline the CD key because it would be wrong.

Right!

There is no honor among thieves. :)

13. ~Candy~

It's Mike's site....I will leave it to him to hammer it out.......but, from my point of view, the site condones illegal activities.

And Deh, in Mexico, anything goes ;) That's not the issue.

Also, I have tried getting a cd key from a company I purchased software from. Imagine that, they still had my name and address on file, even though I couldn't find my receipt..... what a country ;)

14. Logain721

Logain721 Thread Starter

Yes this is true but its the poor honest people who suffer for the wrong doings of others. I'm not going to judge the honest because of the few unhonest people out there.

15. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

(y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice