1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Link not opening to site

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by angb27, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angb27

angb27 Thread Starter

Hi
    I am trying to access my school course through the myaccountinglab.com website. I am able to login to my course just fine from my phone signal but not through my computer at home. So when I get to the log in page it lets me log in to my account but when I click on the link to my course it takes me back to a log in page not to my course like it is suppose to. I have been using this website for school work for 6 months now and just encountered this problem not sure why all of a sudden I can't access it. I've tried contacting support through their website and they suggested a few different things that did not work. The link is just not taking me to where it is suppose to. It will work through my phone signal though. Any ideas? Your help is appreciated.

2. Headrush

Headrush

What are the things they suggested you did?

Does it work with a different browser? (Firefox, Chrome, etc)

What version of OS X and Safari are you using? (I assume you using Safari, you didn't say)

3. angb27

angb27 Thread Starter

Hi
    Thanks for your response. I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8. I use Firefox or Chrome for my browser- both are up to date. The website I am having problems with is myaccountinglab.com. After going through browser checks and still not working they told me that it was my internet.
    "dishNET or WildBlue

Some modems provided by dishNET or WildBlue prevent access to secure web sites. If you are unexpectedly redirected to the sign-in page while using a web site, please contact dishNET or WildBlue for help changing your modem's configuration."

I contacted my internet provider dishNET and they did not have a solution for me. I have been using myaccountinglab.com for school with no problems for 6 months up until now it just doesn't let me access my course. As soon as I log in to the website and click on my Managerial Accounting course it brings me to a log in page instead of to my course like it is suppose to.

The browser checks that myaccountinglab.com had me do are:

Browser Settings

• Pop-up windows must be allowed. If you are using a browser that offers pop-up control or are running an add-on program to control pop-ups, you may need to take steps to allow pop-ups in order to use some features on the site.
    • Session cookies must be enabled. In most browsers, you can enable cookies for selected domains.
    • Javascript must be enabled.
    Browser Check

The Browser Check utility will tell you whether or not the necessary players and plug-ins are present on your computer and, when they are present, whether they are up to date. It will also allow you to download the latest versions of the players and plug-ins.

After running their browser check it shows me:
    [​IMG]
    Third Party Cookie Check
    [​IMG]
    RealPlayer®

When I try to update RealPlayer it goes to their site and says:
    RealPlayer Cloud doesn't support this Operating system

And When I click on third party cookie check it gives me these instructions:
    To enable cookies for Firefox:
    1. From the Firefox menu, choose Tools>Options(PC) or Firefox>Preferences(Mac).
    2. At the top of the window, click the Privacy icon.
    3. In the Cookies section of the window:
      • Make sure "Accept cookies from sites" is checked.
      • Make sure "Accept third-party cookies" is checked (Firefox 3 only).
    4. From the "Keep until" dropdown list, choose either "they expire" or "I close Firefox".
    5. Click OK to save your settings.
    ***When I click on the privacy icon there is no cookies section in that window so I have not been able to do this.

But after 7 hours with the websites help support they told me it is an issue with my internet and not my browser so now I don't know what to do. I have been driving to Starbucks with my laptop to use their internet to access my course and it works just fine there. So I'm assuming it is my internet connection at home.

Your help is appreciated!
    Thanks!

4. angb27

angb27 Thread Starter

It does not work on any browser. I tried Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

5. angb27

angb27 Thread Starter

Safari version is Version 5.1.10 (6534.59.10)
    Firefox 34.0.5
    Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice