Link password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aburnzi

Banned
Is there any script were if i click on a link i have to enter a password cause i have these videos on my website but i want people to enter a password to see them..

Anyone know any...

Not without some sort of server side scripting. You can do it with Java, but the password will be in plain text in your HTML which anyone can get at.

aburnzi

Banned
what if i use a script that does not allow people to see source...ohh it dont matter...lol thanks anyways..... :D

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Rockn said:
It is a hosted site. He doesn't run his own server.
If it is a hosted site, and it is running apache, he could still use an .htaccess and .htpasswd file.

aburnzi

Banned
No iam not running my own server.....whats this htaccess thingy then ill try that...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online