1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hpb, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hpb

hpb Thread Starter

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

2. BG-0

BG-0

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
    But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

3. lilb

lilb

Ok bottom line if its not a 7600gt you can't and by the way you can only link 2 7600gt's together. also as BG-0 said are you buying this other card? then just buy a 7600gt ddr2, and make sure your powersupply can handle it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/890912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice