Linking a form to database in excel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Marem

HI guys,
I need to create a form in excel which, after the fields were filled out and submitted, the data would update a dynamically linked Excel database file.

For example, my form might have three fields: Name, product and quantity. My Excel file would also have three columns titled name, product and quantity. When a user fills out the form (entering their name, products name and each products''s quantities) and they hit submit, those fields from their form would auto fill into the Excel spreadsheet.

I know this can be done with VBA but my excel doesn'the open VBA files and I also can't use access files.

Thank you for your support.
Maryam

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Yes it can be done. you would have to add the code that when the submit button is pressed checks the last filled row and places this value in a variable with is then upped by 1 and then the values aof the userfrom are placed in that row and their corresponding columns
If you require help then attach a small sample file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online