Linking error msgs to the software causing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr M

For the last two days, I get an error message upon bootup of my XP Pro that reads "I CANT LOAD DLL".

How can I link it to the software application causing it? What does it mean?:(

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi what is the exact error message? cannot load .......dll file?

Mr M

blues_harp28 said:
Hi what is the exact error message? cannot load .......dll file?
What I quoted IS the exact message. A window opens up and reads "I CAN'T LOAD DLL".

Mr M

The other day my Norton Internet Security asked me to run a full system scan and I did. It found the Family Key Logger software I have installed on my own computer and did something to it. When you guys were talking about malware it made me remember that I've also been having problems with the Key Logger software since the Norton Scan. I clicked on the Family Key Logger shortcut and got the same "I cant load the DLL"! I uninstalled the Key Logger and now I no longer get the error.

Thanks for your help.

Just the same, how DOES someone link and error to the software causing it when it's on boot-up?

Mr M

How does someone link an error to the software causing it when it appears on boot up?

I think he´s asking how to find out which software is causing an error.

Well, it depends on the error, normally it will give you an error code, or description of whichever error you are getting, and at times it will have logs as well provided by whichever program caused it.

Either way, I´m glad your problem was solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online