1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linking Images in Word 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by seandonnelly, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seandonnelly

seandonnelly Thread Starter

I started running into an issue when migrating users from Office 97 to Office 2000. The issue is these users have a template they created with a linked image of the company logo. In Word 97 this worked great and the image always appeared and printed out for them to have a hard copy. Now with Word 2000 any images they link from a shared drive does not re-appear when opening the document or printing it. It shows that it is being linked to the image (they have a tiff created for the image), but you still get nothing viewable. They have all the lates updates for Office 2000 SP3 being the big one of course. I have not been able to find a thing on technet. Any tips would be appreciated.

2. RandyG

RandyG

I have no clue about your linking issue, as I never saw the use for it. If you have multiple users using a standard template that contains the shared logo, why don't you share the template instead of relying on a linked Logo.

Or, Insert the image instead of linking it.

3. zachl

zachl

I agree. I think inserting the image is the best way. Granted, the file becomes a bit larger but you resolve the problem. Also if someone accidentally deletes the linked image, your document will not be complete.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice