Linking my PC to my TV problems...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

matt.choules

Right, i have s-video and RCA (composite video) out of my Radeon 7000 dual head graphics card, but my tv downstairs doesnt hav a SCART.

I need to run a lead 20 metres long to connect the PC and video.
Will RCA cable degrade the picture quality too much over 20m of cable? If so, would coax cable be a better idea (using an adapter obviously)??

Matt.

20 M of cable would be fine. Coax would be slightly lower loss possibly, although the characteristic impedance may be slightly different. You won't need adapters, coax should terminate just fine in RCA connectors as long as you don't go for fat coax.

The frequency of the composite video isnt too high, so losses will not be overly bad. Some roll-off of the hugher frequencies may show as softened edges, but at the low resolution you are working with out of a video card, you won't notice it.

matt.choules

Thank you! I think i will go for a coax cable with an adapter then (as its the cheaper option!)

matt.choules

Any idea where i might get an s-video (male) to RF (female) lead or adaptor... i can't see any on the net...

try Radioshack , you may want to use different keywords when searching

they usually have everything, hopefully even someone on staff who understands what you want ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online