Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linking Outlook 2003's Address Book to Windows XP Adress Book

3K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  Bluemoon62 
#1 ·
I exported my address book from Outook 2003 into the Windows (XP) Address Book. This is great because then I don't have to have Outlook open to view my address book.

However, it isn't linked to my Outlook address book so that whenever I made a change to my addresses in Outlook, it'll reflect in the Windows address book.

I had that set up perfectly in my old computer (Windows 98SE) but can't get it to work in XP.

Any tips or ideas?

#2 ·
I exported my address book from Outook 2003 into the Windows (XP) Address Book. This is great because then I don't have to have Outlook open to view my address book.

However, it isn't linked to my Outlook address book so that whenever I made a change to my addresses in Outlook, it'll reflect in the Windows address book.

I had that set up perfectly in my old computer (Windows 98SE) but can't get it to work in XP.

Any tips or ideas?

#11 ·
My old version of Outlook was 2000. (My new version is 2003.)

I had it set up so that every time that I added something to my Outlook address, it automatically updated the "linked" address book that is in Windows Accessories (which is initially created from Outlook Express).

When I entered something new in Outlook, I got a prompt asking me if I wanted the information added to the Business Address Book (or something like that) and I clicked "OK" (or "Yes").

I can't do that now and have to enter it in both address books, which is obviously not as efficient.

#15 ·
So, in other words, Outlook 2003 sucks in many ways compared to the older version. Sure, the layout is nicer and some other improvements were made. But they ruined some things too.

I guess the solution is to maintain the Outlook Express address book, not Outlook's.

I also have to use Outlook Express to save animated gift that are embedded in emails too because Outlook only saves them as bitmaps (no animation).

Microsoft has their work cut out for them ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.