1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linking Power Cables

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Akirax83, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akirax83

Akirax83 Thread Starter

When running power to all your parts is there a "best" way to do it? Like should i run power to my raedon and my cdrw driver on the same cable? How many should i link to each cable? I have a lot of extra cables inside, do I need them all? Are they limiting power to other parts? Just trying to get the best setup inside.

I removed a lot of the wires that i thought were just clutter or didnt really serve any purpose and connected a bunch of other wires to each other. Now my comp seems to be running a little warmer than usual and sluggish in some loading areas. Plus my ASUS monitor keeps warning me that my CPU fan is below threshold. What does that mean and what do I do?

Is there a difference between the white and the black power connectors?

MB ASUS P4P800 DELUXE SPRINGDALE RT

POWER SUPPLY ANTEC TRUE430 ATX RTL

CPU P4/2.4CGHz 800M 478P/512K HT RT

DDRAM 512MBTWINX512-3200C2 COR RT

HD 120GB|WD 72R WD1200JB 8MB-CACHE%

HD 36GB|WD 10,000 WD360GD 8MB

CDRW LITEON|52X32X52X LTR-52327S BK

SOUND BLASTER|AUDIGY 2 PCI SB0244 %

CPUFAN COOLERMASTER ISB-V73 AR4 RT

Raedon 9800 Pro 128 MB

2. junker39

junker39

Whatever wires you connected together, you should un-connect them. If they were meant to be hooked together, I'm sure the PSU people would have done it for you. There is no "limiting of power" because they are not connected or are connected to two devices at the same time. I run a separate plug to each HDD then split one for the CD-DVD drives. I have one connector for the water pump. The case fans and light run off another power supply. With 430 watts, you won't have any power problems. Just put it back like it was before you changed things around before it burns the cpu or MB.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/306889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice