links becoming big

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

peanutman

can someone tell me plz how to stop links becoming big when they are clicked?

peanutman said:
can someone tell me plz how to stop links becoming big when they are clicked?
You have a mouse with a scroller on it, yes? And if you press the CTRL key and scroll while looking at a webpage, the type set gets bigger/smaller, right?

Readjust the font size with your wheel, and see if the problem goes away.

Mr. Peabody

peanutman

actualy....

I DONT HAVE A SCROLL WHEEL MOUSE :(:(:(

when i press a link it becomes big

It was a stab in the dark.

right click on the desk top and choose PROPERTIES/APPEARANCE

Under SCHEME, ITEM AND FONT are the values set to the default, or have you customized them?

If you ahve changed anything, let me know what your settings are so I can duplicate it on my computer.

What O/S are you using?

P

peanutman

im using 98 SE, but i have changed settings, and have windows blinds, but dont use it, and my icons ive changed almost all of them.

thanx

I have 98 SE also. I am going to work on this today until it is resolved.

Right click oin desktop, PROPERTIES/SETTINGS, is the screen area set to 800 X 600?

I saw another thread you are on -- did you get the Hijack This log finished. It looks like that thread is still open. How's that going?

I may have something else for you in a few minutes.

P

Tks for help Steve. No, I think he means that when he clicks on a link on a webpage, the font size gets big on that one link before the new link opens.

Peanutman:

I have done all I can. I think there is an adjustment in your preferences that is trying to default when you click on a link. That means that the web preference loses dominance once the computer starts to "do" what the link is asking it to do. The computer necessarily does it the way it knows how, so the font size changes from the web setting to the computer setting. You see that as an increase in font size. It seems therefore logical to look at your settings and find the variable that is causing this feature to occur.

Others will stop by and offer help too. Sorry I didn't have the exact answer.

Good Luck,

Mr. P

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online