1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Links on a particular page won't open (Moved from Windows 10)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Links222, Nov 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Links222

Links222 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am in a few fantasy hockey pools and am having an issue with links that will take me to my other teams. I can go to a team, but when I click on the link to another team it doesn't work. Sometimes I will copy the address of the team I am on, then open another window, paste the copied address and paste it in the address bar to get to my other team. Sometimes that doesn't even work. OPnce in awhile I can just refresh the page I am on and then click on a link to another team, and it will work. More often it doesn't work either. This is on CBS Sports Fantasy page. I do not have this problem on my other laptop. All of the links work on that computer. It seems to be this laptop that it does it on only.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    I am using Windows 10
    I am not getting any error message, the link just seems to be dead. When I click on a link it looks like there is a thin lined box around the link I want to go to but that's it. Zero indication that it is even recognizing my clicking on it.

TIA

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

which browser are you using ? Try using a different browser.

3. Links222

Links222 Thread Starter

I use Firefox always. I tried IE and I did not have the problem. Obviously has to to with Firefox. I just would like to know why and how to remedy the problem. I choose to stay with Firefox so will keep searching for a fix.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try clearing history cookies and cache

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Try using FireFox's Private Window and see if you get the same issue. If you don't then the issue is a caching issue. What website do you play your leagues/pool on?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice