1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Links Wireless "Unknown Device"

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Pocosno, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocosno

Pocosno Thread Starter

Upgraded to Vista a few days ago, on the lower right taskbar where the double displays are it said I had no connection. I checked to see that my adapter was plugged in – It was – Step by step I tried to open the wireless connection – None shown – Tried to do a repair – No dice – Went into Control Panel – Device Manager – Network Adapters – It showed the Linksys adapter – Tried to update driver – The best driver for your device is already installed – At this point in went back to Control Panel – did an uninstall of Linksys wireless adapter – after finishing I restarted the PC – Inserted the Install CD – after install directed to connect the adapter – However double PC display on task bar still states I do not have a connection. I go back to Device Manager – Network adapters – It is not there –However I noticed under other devices that it shows a device that is unknown – I click on properties – Linksys Wireless G Adapter – from there I update driver – Now under Network adapters it shows Linksys Adapter – There is no longer anything under Other Devices – My task bar shows I have signal – Problem solved??? – Temporarily yes! – However every single time I shut down and log back on – I have to repeat all of the above steps – This is getting really annoying and I just don’t know what to do at this point – I am hoping that someone can help me figure out why I only have a problem after Windows does an update!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

First off, don't fool with the fonts to make them so small us old guys can't read them! ;)

Next, how about a paragraph or two, it's almost impossible to read the tiny type, add to that the amorphous blob of text, and it's even worse.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/895512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice