1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys 4 port ADSL router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Wilbur, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilbur

Wilbur Thread Starter

I got this thing and had some problems getting it configured okay, unfortunately the self install from the CD didn't work in my case.

Had some problems converting my cross over cable for the second computer from a cross over to straight through, after 5 wasted ends it seems to be working.

Question is:
    The maim PC in slot 4 only lights up the 'Link/Act' LED while the other pc in slot 3 lights up all three. It sems to be working okay. is this something I shoul be concerned about? Can I still have a problem with th cable ends or?
    Thanks
    Will

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

I have a Linksys router/hub 4 port also. I spent more than a day trying to debug 2nd PC connection only to find out I had a bad cable.

There are a few (not many) picky rules, about what ports to use, may want to check instructions or website on that.

Not much I realize, but my experience on where to start!

John

PS When re-checking connections, be sure to unplug and replug ( power supplies and reboots) according to directions.

3. IMM

IMM

It's an indication that the connection is established at 10 rather than 100. In addition to cabling issues - it could well be the NIC setup on that machine. What's the NIC, what's the mobo and what slot is it in (or is it onboard)?

As an aside - this is a good page re Linksys
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/linksys_router_help.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice