1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

linksys befsr41 problem?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jennifer2222, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer2222

Jennifer2222 Thread Starter

i have posted this many times on a couple different forums also and i still cant get any answers, so i thought i would try it here under networking.. my problem is i have a linksys befsr41 router connecting 2 computers 1 windows 98 the other windows xp home both using ie6, dsl, my problem is i can connect to the internet great on both computers but i can not access any emails at all, yahoo,hotmail or excite , i was wondering if anyone knows what i could to do or change.... if its something simple under the linksys options or something

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

Could you be a bit more specific--what error message are you getting--what are your IE settings on both. Also--what are your firewall settings--are you blocking any ports. etc.

3. Jennifer2222

Jennifer2222 Thread Starter

i dont get any error message, well when i try to log into yahoo, i see that i have new emails but when i hit the inbox button it does nothing it just stays there, then eventually i get that white page where it says this page cant be viewed blah blah, hotmail it wont even go to where i can see if i have email it just automatically goes to that white screen and excite i can log into just like yahoo, and as far as the ie settings i dont know what you mean or firewall settings i dont really know how to check those

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice