Linksys Config.bin Recovery

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slickkxfoo

Hi, my electricity had shut down now it is back up but my router resets after it went back on. I want to use my back up of Config.bin to restore it to normal but the problem is i deleted that file and all I have is a shortcut left :confused:. Is there any way I can restore that file? Please help stressing out too much over this. Thanks in advance

p.s. not too good with computers

etaf

Wayne
i deleted that file
it may be in the recycle bin - have you checked there ?

otherwise EXACT model of the Router and revision level, should be written on the label with the model etc
Who is you ISP
Is this a cable service or via a telephone
we should be able to setup manually

slickkxfoo

Yes I have deleted way back in august of 2010 and i thought i had made a copy but it was a shortcut so stupid.
The model number is WRT54G2 V1
My ISP is Shaw Cable Telecommunications.
This is a cable service through a modem
Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated

etaf

Wayne
In the past with cable - these routers often work in the default state
You need to switch everything OFF - turn the Modem on first of all and allow to settle and then turn on router

as its a power interruption - I have known people needed to remove the cable connection from the modem to get it to work

Connect the PC to the MODEM only and it should work - no settings required according to the websupport site
http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/HelpSupport/InternetSupport/Residential/GettingConnected.htm
When connecting a single computer to the modem, simply connect it using the network cable and turn on your computer. That’s it. Your computer should be able to access the Internet.
Once thats working then connect the cable to the Internet/modem connection on the router

the router user manual is online here
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WRT54G2
To access the web-based utility, launch the web browser on your computer, and enter the Router’s default IP address, 192.168.1.1, in the Address field.
Then, press Enter.
A password request screen will appear. (Non-Windows XP users will see a similar screen.)
Leave the User name field blank.
The first time you open the Web-based utility, use the default password admin.
From there you can setup various areas - but I reset the router using the button on the rear of the unit - and would try default mode first

Whats the status of all the lights on the modem and also on the router

shaw have a repair tool here - http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/HelpSupport/ShawSupport not sure how useful that may be

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online