1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

linksys E3000 folder permissions?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by scott0999, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott0999

scott0999 Thread Starter

I have the new E3000 router and have a flash drive on its USB port.

my laptop is wireless and I'm trying to copy files to that drive and cant.

I can surf the web fine on it, and I have mapped the drive. the drive shows up but when I try to copy files it says "the specified network is no longer available"

did some research and it seems to be related to folder permissions

so do I set this up in the router setup, or through windows explorer (right click, properties, security tab)?

btw, I've tried changing the permissions through the security tab. when I check allow then click ok, everything that was checked becomes unchecked.

:confused:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Permissions for the USB drive are done through the router configuration pages, right? At least that's the way I read page 55 of this manual. Is your manual different?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice