1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys EA2700 | Ver 1.1.40 | WiFi Bandwidth Capped @ 10Mbps

Discussion in 'Networking' started by flipsite, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flipsite

flipsite Thread Starter

Hello Everyone! This is my First Thread. And I have been facing this issue for a Long time, no one has been able to help me out. I am using Linksys EA2700, updated with the current Firmware.
    The problems are mentioned below:

1. My Current Bandwidth Package is: 60Mbps = 7.5MB/s
    2. My Router is capping the Limit Automatically to 10Mbps = 1.25MB/s
    3. I am unable to use the Full Bandwidth.
    4. When I connect the Direct Fiber to my Laptop I get Full Speed. But when I am connected to the WiFi and NO OTHER DEVICE is connected to the WiFi still my Speeds are capped to 10Mbps.
    I am tired, please someone help me resolve this.

Thanks a Million in Advance!
    P.S: Sorry for making the Post Long. This is my first time. My Current Package STARTER.jpg RouterDashboard.jpg SpeedTest Report.jpg

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    It could be the laptop's wireless card that is causing the low speed, have a look in it's Device Manager and tell us what wireless card is listed under Network Adaptors.

3. flipsite

flipsite Thread Starter

umm... Firstly the issue is not only on my Laptop, even all my CellPhones that are on the Wifi I checked by running SpeedTest, My TV is also hooked on Wifi, I checked, the same issue. So it's not my laptops fault. It's my Router.

Answering your Question: WireLess LAN Card = Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    How was the laptop connected to the router when you made the screenshot showing 7.22Mbps ?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What if you plug in with an Ethernet cable to the router and repeat the speed test?

6. flipsite

flipsite Thread Starter

@managed Sir/Mam the Laptop was connected through WiFi while checking the Speed. Even when I plugin my Laptop through Cat6 it's same. The Result is stuck with 1MBps = 10Mbps

@Triple6 I guess my above statement answers your question too.

To both of you: WHEN I Connect the DIRECT Fiber provided by my ISP to my Laptop I'm getting 60Mbps Speed. But through Router, I am not. And I need to fix this Issue & still now I am unable to find any help online.

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I'm not sure what this means.
    Who is your ISP and what modem are you using?

8. flipsite

flipsite Thread Starter

@plodr My ISP is a Local Network Provider. They Directly send me the Cat6 Fiber. I don't need a Modem or so. Either I can plug that to my PC or Laptops Ethernet Port and start using by Logging in with a User Name & Password. Or I can connect the Fiber to my Wifi Router which in my case I am.. Linksys EA2700. My network provided me with the STATIC IP, SUBNET MASK, GATEWAY & DNS details. I correctly put everything on my EA2700. But speed is Capped at 10Mbps. But the Speed should be 60Mbps

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    CAT6 is a copper cable not fiber. Home router like the EA2700 only accept Ethernet connections to them and don't have fiber ports. You may have an CAT6 Ethernet cable coming from their fiber modem though, it may be in another room of the building or in a panel they have installed somewhere.

Have you plugged an Ethernet cable from your laptop or desktop computer into the router and completed a speed test that way? This will let you know if its a wireless issue or not, it might just be the wireless that's the issue.

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable between your router and wherever the ISP's Ethernet cable comes in? A faulty cable or a cable with only 4 wires may limit the connection to 10Mb/s.

Have you checked to see if QoS or Media Prioritization is enabled? If so disable it and reboot the router: https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=137079

Have you also checked and installed any firmware updates for your EA2700 router? Have you factory reset it and re-set it up again?

Here's the latest firmware: https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=148364

Have you also contacted your ISP for suggestions and assistance? Maybe there's a known cause and solution and they can help you resolve it quickly.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  10. flipsite

flipsite Thread Starter

Ans: I guess you are absolutely correct. They provided me the CAT6 Ethernet Cable. They installed their Fiber Modem somewhere else.

Ans: Yes I tried the same by plugging an Ethernet Cable from my Laptop into the Router. Speed is the same.

Ans: Yes after many months of BATTLE. I paid extra bucks to get the whole cable replaced. But the issue still persists.
    And the last option that I haven't tried is replacing the whole Router.

Ans: It is disabled.

And latest Firmware installed. My ISP not able to solve the issue.

11. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    What is your MTU? Most use 1500 as the default, but that's not necessarily the optimal setting. Also, check the WAN connection. If it's set for "Auto speed/duplex" then try to play around with it. First 1000 Full Duplex. Second, try 1000 Half duplex and so forth. Until you, hopefully, reach a speed that's optimal for your router.

12. flipsite

flipsite Thread Starter

I found that 1482 is the Packet Size that didn't go fragment. And this is the highest one. Now what I need to do?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  13. flipsite

flipsite Thread Starter

I have updated my MTU with 1482 & I won't lie I see a bit of +Speed during Speed Test. Last test result was 7.22Mbps and right now it's 9.37Mbps. But still not anywhere I expect.

14. flipsite

flipsite Thread Starter

@Fireflycph Strange but Gorgeous. Now I tried plugging in my Laptop with Ethernet Cable & I am getting Full Speed. 60Mbps

But still, WiFi sucks! Please help set up the Wireless thing with best Channel & Frequencies.

15. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Set the channel to Auto and the router has both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless bands. Set each one to a different SSID and then check the speed off each one. 5Ghz should give you the best performance and is much less prone to interference.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice