1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys router configuration issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by guy2, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy2

guy2 Thread Starter

My wireless linksys router is acting up on me again and i'm not sure how to handle this. I copied the error messages exactly as displayed. Sometimes the problem stops after i wait 30min or so but this is happening allot more frequently now.

I started getting these errors in this order

window failed to find domain name prpblems with DNS server

windows confirmed that ''primary DNS server'' is currently online, but is not responding to connection attempts at this time.

This usually means that a firewall is running somewhere between the two computers and is blocking ''domain''. windows has confirmed that windows firewall on this computer is correctly configured to allow this connection. However, a remote firewall might be blocking your connection.

The following policiy might need to be adjusted to allow windows to connect:

Policy provider: windows firewall firewall
    filter name: query user

if the policy provider identified is windows firewall ,click for information about adjusting windows firewall settings. If a differnt policy provider has been identified, check the provider's documentation on how to adjust the policy settings.

Reset the network adaptor ''wireless network connection''
    resetting the adaptors can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    When Windows gives messages like that there are only two choices:

a. laugh; :D or

b. cry. :(

The problem goes away sometimes after 30 minutes with you doing nothing, right? Can you still access the router (ping it, or access its config or status pages)? Have you tried a reset or power cycle of the router? If so, does that clear the problem?

If it is a router problem about all you can do is make sure you have the latest firmware; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Next step after that is to replace it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice