1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys router disconnects about every hour.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 9devin9, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9devin9

9devin9 Thread Starter

I have a Linksys router that disconnects every 45min to 1hr & 15 min. Very annoying. Doesn't matter whether I'm using the computer or not. So I have to disconnect pwr. to the modem and router - wait a min. then connect pwr to modem and router and wait a min. and I'm back on line... what's going on...?? Without the router it never disconnects.
    I have cable from Comcast an eMachine using XP home.

2. thenextlevel2k7

thenextlevel2k7

Hi,
    You may be able to solve the problem by setting the router back to the default configuration. Somebody may have changed the settings on it which cause it do act in that way. Somewhere in the router's configuration, they should be an option to restore factory settings or something similar. Try doing this. If you don't know how, contact the retailer or consult the user manual.
    If you do this and the problem persists, the problem may be your service provider (ISP). They could have problems due to a lack of servers or too many users. Try contacting them to resolve the issue.
    Luke.

3. pedroguy

pedroguy

You also might want to log onto the Linksys site and see if there is a current firmware update for your router.Sometimes that cures a lot of ills.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice