1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

linksys router port fowarding help.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sycosteve, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sycosteve

sycosteve Thread Starter

hi all i recently moved, and used to run nr2003 servers now i cant get my router to allow
    the game to host games.. i put in the port numbers.. but im not sure itworking, i have tried entering in new info, ie even remioveing some ports. but it doesnt save changes?? i put in admin password i set up when ask to.. says settings changes sucsessful then redirects me to previous page.. still same setting i even go to set up and backk to app. and gaming.. does the dhcp have to be disabled? is dmz supposed to be on or off?? pc lierate but im lost on this router ports forwarding.... in the section for portwording it says application it has pmo i belive next to it? please help!!! i have aleague thats suppossed to run tonight!!!

fyi: game is papyrus nascar racing season 2003 thanks router is linksys router 4 port wireless b the wireless is disabled... currently dmz is enalbed and dhcp is enalbed.
    any help would be grate ful.

2. SpiderKiller

SpiderKiller

Well first off You have a static IP address ! ( i hope )
    Second: If you would like to Send me your IP so i can enter your Router and have a look for you ? (PM me of course)

3. datamonger

datamonger

syco,

When you enter a port forward it is done for a port # to a specific IP address on your LAN side (where your server is). If you are using DHCP and have cycled power on your router then chances are that your server is getting a different IP address. There are a couple of things you can do but the most straight forward would be this:

Default DCHP address range on a Linksys Wireless G router is 192.168.0.10 thru 192.168.0.254. So, assign your server an address of that is above 1 but below 10 (2-9). You do this on the server, not on the router. make sure you enter the routers IP address as the Default gateway and DNS server.

Next, on the router, re-enter all of your port forwarding ports to the IP address you have given your server.

Make sure you save your changes and you may have to restart your router for changes to take effect.

Good luck!

4. SpiderKiller

SpiderKiller

I dont think he is using a SERVER .... just all connected to an Router !

Thats why i asked him for more details

5. sycosteve

sycosteve Thread Starter

it did work before all i did was entered the port forward numbers in and it was fine, what i have noticed is the server adress (in game) when i go to host shows as 192.168.1.102
    but on my router port forwarding settings it shows 192.168.1.100 ,and 192.168.1.101, not 102 on the end of any of them?? i have tried to change it to a 102 but it always goes bakc to 101... but i havent tried powering donw the router after making changes i will try that in a few minuets. thanks guys.... does it matter if dmz is enabled?? oh and i do have a static ip adress.... should that be in the ip for the server (in game)?? im assuming the 192.168.1.100/ or 101,or 102v should work provided that the ports are forwarded to that ip.

6. datamonger

datamonger

syco,

You could try reseting the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch. What is the model of your Linksys.

7. woklee

woklee

www.portforward is a very helpful site in this kinds of situations. Hope this helps.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice