Linksys Router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

samwalton

I have a Linksys router with two computers hook to it directly. I would like to set up limit for bandwidth. I have charter for my internet provider.

Havd 2mb of bandwidth that I would like to set each pc to only be able to use 1mb each. Right now one computer cand be using 1.7mb and the other computer would only be getting .3mb..........

Any sugguests..............I do not see anything in the ruter setup to set bandwidth limits

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You need to buy a lot more expensive router if you want bandwidth limiting. There are software solutions, give http://www.netlimiter.com/ a look and see if it'll do the job for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online