linksys tweakable ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Razzputin

Is it possible tweak a linksys befsr41 v3 (hardwire) with newer updated firmware? Ever since I changed my cable modem from a terayon to a motorola (cable) I started dropping connections. If I can not I will probably buy a Dlink ebr2310( just because I see their firmware was new in Nov 06.. My linksys is about 16 months old?

bearone2

Banned
i've had the same router for several years and never have done a firmware update and it works fine.

i have a modem provided by roadrunner.
when you provide your own modem and do it by $$$$, you aren't always getting an improvement over what's being replaced.

bearone2

Banned
teryon to motorola, they provide both?

does it dropout if connected to the modem?

Razzputin

both provided by ISP. Seems towork OK when direct with no router. Have had a pop up say must Opera must disconnect encountered unknown problem.

bearone2

Banned
1st time you've mentioned opera and may be part of the problem or the router's no good or not configured properly.

my bfsr41 is 5 yrs old.

Razzputin

doesn't matter if I am using opera or IE or firefox . same problem with all 3. I never had any configuration grief before changing/upgrading the cable modem. well thanks anyhow for your interest.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online