Linksys WCG200 System Time Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

10gnt

Hi all. I have a Linksys WCG200 modem/router. In the settings to deny access based on time and MAC address the system time is 3 hours ahead of the OS and BIOS times. I emailed Linksys tech support and they said it was the fault of the ISP server that the router was using to connect to the internet. I emailed the ISP and they said that my system time on my computer was incorrect. MY system time via OS and BIOS are both correct. What do I do? Is this a bug in the WCG200?

I don't know why its happening, but just adjust the times on the router by 3 hours. I would also check for a firmware update for the router. Maybe also try unplugging it for awhile (or perhaps a hard reset)?

Any connection with GMT? There are some computing devices that don't know time zones and go based on GMT to avoid hassle.

10gnt

Thanks for responding. There's no setting to change the router's system time within the router's GUI. Oh well, I'll wait for a firmware update, I guess.

I'm guessing it gets the time from the server, so it might not be a router problem. Is it exactly 3 hours ahead? What time zone are you in?

10gnt

Yes, exactly 3 hours. Gmt -8

EDIT: Actually, now it's back to 2 hours ahead. That's what it was prior to being 3 hours ahead yesterday. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Hmm, sounds like its just a time zone issue then. Only thing I can think of is to set your time-based settings 3 hours behind to compensate. I haven't found any info about setting the time zone on the router.

You're welcome
I'm still looking for a solution...kind of an odd problem
My linksys never did anything like this

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Most routers have a setting to adjust the time zone. This is what mine looks like in the D-Link DI-614+

Attachments

10gnt

JohnWill said:
Most routers have a setting to adjust the time zone.
I know. I am confused why this one doesn't. This is my 3rd router and the 2 previous ones had a setting to adjust the time and the time zone.

Apparently there is no NTP setting in that router either. It looks like there is a time configuration page on the first tab on the router settings. Unfortunately their on-line documentation is so blurry you cannot read any of the settings.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I looked on the Linksys site, and no downloads are available for this product, pretty lame. :rolleyes: I hate to say it, but I think Linksys has gone downhill since Cisco... (n)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online