1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys Wireless BroadBand Router - Internet sometimes doesnt work on the PC *HELP!*

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TheLastShadow, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLastShadow

TheLastShadow Thread Starter

Okay i got a Linksys Wireless Broadband Router. I bought it for my PSP to go online with it. So. Anyway, I set up the router and followed the instructions on the disk. Router is good. I like it, it gives good a good signal to the PSP. But, theres a problem. Sometimes, (it never is me when i go on) but when my dad or his g/f goes on, the PC that is connected to the router, sometimes doesnt get internet. It displays "Page cannot be displayed" and then inorder for me to fix it, i have to unplug the power from my ISP modem, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in and then it should work. But i dont want that, neither does my dad or his gf cause that will get annoying. Alright. So heres the specifics on how its hooked up - ISP Modem >> Ethernet cord connected to the Router Ethernet port >> Ethernet cord connect to a Ethernet Port (i have 4) >>> Connect that ethernet cord i plugged into the port, plug it in the back of my PC to the other Ehternet port. I did it correctly. Now i need to know how can i fix this problem? The Router channel is on 1 atm. I tried 6 and 11 what they perferred. I really dont want to go out and get a different brand router but if i have to i will. If there is absolutly no way to fix this problem instead of unplugging and replugging in my ISP modem, I need some reccommendations of a new router. I need it to give good-great signal, Not too expensive (40-55$) and will not do this problem above. Thanks soooooo much!

Matt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice