1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys wireless extender

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tomtom8p, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomtom8p

tomtom8p Thread Starter

I have a linksys WRT300N which i want to extend the network wirelessly. i tried using an airport express with supports 802.11n but that didn't work.

is there any way to extend my network wirelessly

2. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Isn't that unit a router and not a range extender?

Peace...

3. tomtom8p

tomtom8p Thread Starter

lol sorry i phrased that wrong. i have a network with my wrt300n and i want to extend that network with any device that will allow me to do this

4. pedroguy

pedroguy

Don't know if this is what you are looking for.From a Johnwill post

Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain™ WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

This is just a sample of available products, many people have hi-gain antennas with similar specifications, but I haven't seen any other suppliers of signal boosters.

If you think experts are expensive, wait until you see what amateurs cost you!

Help me out with some details here, I'm brilliant, not clairvoyant!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/735705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice