1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys Wireless-G Music Bridge

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by DBClark, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DBClark

DBClark Thread Starter

I think I may have found a new toy for my home network. :cool:

Was wondering if anyone out there has this and if your happy with it. My main concern is the quality...or loss of it in the output of my home stereo!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I read about the Linksys unit, and it got generally poor reviews. I ended up picking up a Mediagate MG-35 which does video, audio, and pictures. I had to search around a bit for the drivers to access it on the network, but it's pretty slick now. :)

3. DBClark

DBClark Thread Starter

Thanks Johnwill...definitely more elaborate and functional. More expensive, but does a lot more than just the digital audio.

Curious to know about the drivers you referred to. Did it not come with software/drivers to do that?

Again...Thanks!

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm referring to the NDAS drivers to access it as a disk drive on the network. You have to buy a $20 key to use the drivers, but it took some fooling around to find the drivers and the key. They did not come with it, apparently the manufacturer is really only supporting the NDAS in Korea so far. They're also coming out with an enhanced model, which I think is the one that will offer that capability in the US. However, I'll stick with this one for now...

All's well that ends well. My only complaint is that the NDAS access is kinda' slow, about 1.5mbyte/sec transfer rates. If I want to move any significant amount of data to the device, I just set one of my spare systems to the task and go about my business. :) I picked up my MediaGate MG-35 for $199 packaged with an 80gig drive. I actually ended up putting a 200gig drive into it and using the 80gig elsewhere, since I wanted more local storage on it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice