1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys Wireless Network IP not responding

Discussion in 'Networking' started by leemarkl, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leemarkl

leemarkl Thread Starter

I work for a small business, and am the only one that has any kind of background in computers, however small it is. The obstacle that I am facing is that we have set up a wireless network with four computers total.....

**All operating systems are XP

Two are jacked into the Comcast modem/router #SMC8013WG.

Two are connected to those by wireless connections
    Linksys Access Point #WAP54G
    Linksys Notebook Adapter #WPC54G
    running on 802.11g networking.

One of those computers is working fine the problem with the other is that the computer says that it is recognizing the the wireless access point, but it won't connect to the internet.

The network also shows that it is sending packets but not receivng them. When checking the IP in DOS, it was showing a different ip address (169.254.x.x) than what i needed (192.168.x.x). Even after releasing and renewing same thing.

Tried pinging the host and it said what i already knew sent 4 packets received none.

Tried going through Network Options TCP/IP properties and issuing a correct IP address. This didn't work, when running ipconfig it actually said that it turned off my computer's media. I got that fixed back to the way it was. Now i'm kinda running out of options.

If anybody has an idea, i'd appreciate a little help.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice