1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

linksys wireless not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zombienation, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zombienation

zombienation Thread Starter

Hi there i have a linksys wireless router. I have 2 pc's. The main computer and the the other computer which connect to the internet perfectly.
    I'm trying to connect a eepc to it will not connect.

Is there a download program i can test what is wrong with connection etc

thank you.

2. Hughv

Hughv

What model is the router?
    What OS on the EEPC?
    Can you see the wireless SSID? Do you know the key?
    Any error messages? Is the wireless adapter turned on?

3. zombienation

zombienation Thread Starter

What model is the router? linksys wag54gv3 wireless - g adsl gateway
    What OS on the EEPC? windows 7
    Can you see the wireless SSID? Do you know the key? how do i look at it no, yes
    Any error messages? Is the wireless adapter turned on? there is currently 3 pc's connected wirelessly but one doesn't.

dell inspirion mini 1018

it connects with an ethernet lead to the linksys router

also how do i look at th mac address

4. Hughv

Hughv

Post ipconfig /all
    Step 1. Open your command prompt window: Start >> Run >> type cmd and hit Enter

Step 2. Run the ipconfig command as follows: ipconfig /all

Step 3. Once the ipconfig command has run, click on the "command prompt window" icon in the very top left corner of your command prompt window and a menu comes up. From it, select Edits >> Mark

Step 4. Then highlight as you would in a normal text editor by clicking (and holding) where you would like to start your edit and then drag to highlight all the text you wish to copy and release the mouse button. Then you have two choices. You can either hit Enter and the highlighted portion is copied to the clipboard, or you can click on the command prompt window icon again and go to Edit >> Copy

Now you're ready to paste the copied text into your post!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice