Linksys WMP11 Connection issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CarlssonMB

Installed a leftover WMP11 I had today, install went smoothly but when I go to use it, it says wireless connection unavailable, and in WLAN monitor the card is active, but when I search for networks it can't find any. I know for a fact I should be seeing at least 6 different networks.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled this card in this machine once already.

What could be wrong? This little card has me stumped

bearone2

Banned
could be a defective card or pci slot.

are you trying to piggyback on someones wi-fi system because you don't mention a wireless router that you're tying in to.

CarlssonMB

Oh no no, I have a wireless router, Linksys wrt54g. I know the card works fine, and the pci slot is not defective I had another ethernet card in there recently

bearone2

Banned
what was working yesterday may not work today.

my son's computer could connect one day and not the next.
i put a new nic card in the same slot and no worky.

i moved the old card to another slot, xp id'd it and back on the internet.

you may not realize it but inside the case, it's all magic.

try another slot.

CarlssonMB

I know its true that it could go at any time I just thought the chances of that happening now when I put another card in after a year of perfect operation were very remote. I'll try it anyway though I guess

CarlssonMB

Ok got it working, got some newer drivers, uninstalled, rebooted and loaded new drivers, works fine now. Thanks

Kinda weird, always worked with the original drivers before

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online