1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys WRT120N Intermittent Wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ItsZP35, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ItsZP35

ItsZP35 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a Linksys Wireless-N Home Router, WRT120N to be exact, and I have been having problems with my wireless. My wifi losses internet connection intermittently. This does not happen when I am connected directly to the router with a Ethernet cable. I have redone all the settings many times(like 6) and Im still having the same problem.
    I really dont want to have to buy a new router, so please help me. Thanks.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

This loss of internet access happens on multiple computers simultaneously? Do they maintain communication with the router?

3. ItsZP35

ItsZP35 Thread Starter

Yes it happens on multiple computers. And yes they maintain communication with the router.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

That's indeed strange. All I can suggest is to make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset to factory defaults and reconfigure.

5. ItsZP35

ItsZP35 Thread Starter

It seems to be fine whenever I reset it to the factory settings. But when I try to add security to my wireless thats when it get buggy. Any idea why that is?
    P.S. I need to have security on my wireless so other people in my neighborhood dont steal my internet.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

For two different Windows computers where you normally use them ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

7. ItsZP35

ItsZP35 Thread Starter

It seems to be okay now but I'll go ahead and post a screenshot just in case there is still a problem.[​IMG]

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Those other two networks are on the same channel, but the signals are so weak they can't be causing interference.

Keep the Xirrus tool installed and grab a screen shot when/if things get troublesome again.

9. ItsZP35

ItsZP35 Thread Starter

Ok will do.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063099