1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys WRT54G Doesn't Share Internet Sometimes

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Enil8, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Enil8

Enil8 Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I have a Linksys WRT54G with the latest firmware that works perfectly fine most of the time, but every now and then will not share incoming internet. It has an IP from the ISP and has correct DNS servers and I'm able to ping the ISP's gateway and DNS servers successfully, but I'm not able to access any web sites or connect outside at all. I try restarting the modem and the router, but that doesn't work either. Usually I restart to factory defaults and it works.

What is the best way to fix this problem?

Thanks!

2. jmooner

jmooner

I had that problem (except with a WRT54GS) What I did was reset it to factory defaults. Then I rolled back to firmware version 1.0. Finally, I reinstalled the latest firmware and now it works flawlessly. Hope this helps!

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I would think a replacement router would be the fix here.

4. Enil8

Enil8 Thread Starter

Thanks jmooner! I'll try that out and hope for the best!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice