1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys wrt54g router problems i think.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by johnnyboy187, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnyboy187

johnnyboy187 Thread Starter

Hey guys I was having extreme problems with firewalls and antivirus programs conflicting and sending my browsing experience to the lowest its ever been. I decided to dig out my router and use that. I think the firewall program did some blocking and it has stayed in the registry or maybe ive set up my router wrong. I went to the linksys router setup and opened the ports i want to stay open for gaming and stuff but they don't seem to wanna stay open. I will open the port and do a port check to see if anything is coming through that port and it looks good for about 10sec after I open it. If i refresh or try it later it showing as blocked. I have no idea what i am doing wrong. As far as i know i have it all set up right. I have reset the router a dozen times now and still same problem. Linksys has opened up the port buy something is blocking it elsewhere i think.
    I did cmd/ipconfig and am using the right IP address. on the linksys setup IP page everything is checked under applications and gaming that is to be checked. Could it have something to do with passwords maybe? When i log in put in password and enter the info just now and hit save changes it opened up for a quick second then shut down.

Before router I was using COMODO pro and AVG pro recent versions
    those 2 programs seem to work for a week or so but then they shut me right out from internet explorer/firefox. I could only browse in safe mode. I got rid of both those programs after just buying them :(

I have no idea what to do now. I have even tried to reformat but couldn't figure out raid stuff(will be my next post) Is there an application that will let me release entries from registry that could be comodo firewall related.
    I have the same problem if i don't use my router also. I have plugged my internet directly to my PC and the port is showing closed. I have everything uninstalled and windows firewall is off.

Oh one last thing. Before my windows firewall was having an error when i clicked on it saying something like windows cant access the firewall so after i uninstalled the comodo i found a site that showed me how to reset it. This could be what the problem is also.

thanx for reading my long post

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!