Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hashim

I am trying to install my Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router
Linksys

2 QUESTIONS:

(1) When going through it, when it tries to check my settings, it prompts me for my password only. No UID or anything. The message is from Linksys. I try to put "admin" in but it doesn't do anything. Any thoughts as to what I can put here?

(2) Next question, I am looking at the instruction booklet, it says I will need to enter my IP, SSID, all of these things. Where do I find this information?

I am using Windows XP, SBC/Yahoo DSL.

hashim said:
I am trying to install my Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router
Linksys

2 QUESTIONS:

(1) When going through it, when it tries to check my settings, it prompts me for my password only. No UID or anything. The message is from Linksys. I try to put "admin" in but it doesn't do anything. Any thoughts as to what I can put here?

(2) Next question, I am looking at the instruction booklet, it says I will need to enter my IP, SSID, all of these things. Where do I find this information?

I am using Windows XP, SBC/Yahoo DSL.
(1)It should promt you for a user and password. User name leave blank and password is admin.
If it doesn't work. take a pin and hard reset it on the back. Hold the pin inside for at least 10 seconds and try to log in again. There should be reset hole in the back.

(2) here is the link for user's manual.
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1127782957298&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
If you're not using static ip , click on DHCP option and fllow instructions.
Leave the ssid as default.

ope it helps

If you are using XP, linksys has a configuration program at www.linksys.com then, click on support and easy connect. If you have a removable drive you can use this for all of the pc's in your network running xp. A very easy setup and fix if you have problems later. Hope this helps.

hashim

Thanks for the tips, I'll try the reset button because for some reason putting the password as 'admin' just doesn't work, it keeps wanting me to enter it again. I'll let you know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online