1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linksys WRT54GC Router problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gurken92, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gurken92

gurken92 Thread Starter

I can't access my linksys wrt54gc router webprogram because i don't know the password. The original settings do not work. I know i can reset the router to its factory settings but what will that exactly do? Will it only change the password and username back to defaults or will it do more??

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It goes back to exactly the way it was when you took it out of the box. (Hence the phrase "factory settings".)

3. gurken92

gurken92 Thread Starter

but I wasn't the one to open the package it was set up by proffesionals... will it remove all the settings about connecting to computers around the house??

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Resetting removes all changes made by anyone. It returns the router to the way it was when it rolled off the assembly line (the "factory"). Since your router was set up by professionals, any changes they made will be lost when reset. You'll either need to know how to re-do those settings or have the pros come out and do it.

EDIT: Given this new information, you should call the professionals who set it up and ask them what they set the router password to.

5. gurken92

gurken92 Thread Starter

Thanks a lot!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/562868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice