Linksys WRT54GS V7 Password problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ejolly

I have an Linksys WRT54GS V7 and can't connect with the factory password. I have factory reset and I do not have the download disc that came with it. The factory password is not accepted. Please HELP!!!!!!

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
IF the factory reset has been carried out properly, the default credentials for this router are as follows: username: leave blank; password: admin (all lower case). Did you ever install any firmware on it other than Linksys, e.g. Tomato or DD-WRT?

TerryNet

Terry
This device is well over 10 years old, so it may not be compatible with your Internet Service Provider(ISP).
What? How?

And even if true what would that have to do with the problem with logging into it???

ejolly

I haven't tried the firmware upgrade yet but I will. Thank You.

managed

Allan
You are using a wired connection to access the Router ?

I don't think you were advised to update the firmware, not yet any way.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I haven't tried the firmware upgrade yet but I will. Thank You.
Allan is correct; you haven't been advised to do a firmware update. I was just trying to ascertain if you'd used the replacement firmwares I'd mentioned in my previous post.

So, have you tried leaving the username blank and entering the password as admin? You haven't confirmed that yet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online