1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linux Boots. Windows Xp does not boot

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by svini, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svini

svini Thread Starter

Hi, I have a very wierd problem. I have Fedora Core 3 and Windows XP installed on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. For some reason, XP crashed, and would not restart. I got the screen saying that my system config file has got corrupted and that it needs the recovery disc. I inserted the disc, and it just hung after giving the message "windows is now checking your system hardware cofiguration". Windows xp setup cd would not boot, but the driver cd and the bios upgrade, and linux cds boot just fine. I used the Knoppix live cd and backed up all my documents on the windows partition on my fedora partition, and then reformatted my windows ntfs partition to fat32. I tried booting with the Windows xp setup again, and it hangs just like before. I have no clue about what to do next, and I seem to have run out of options. Heeeeelp!! - Svini :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/476678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice