1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linux Dummy

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Nvisible, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nvisible

Nvisible Thread Starter

Ok this is going to sound really dumb but I while back ago I had an issue installing The Nvidia Driver in Suse 8.5 .... I found an old thread that gave step by step instructions on how to do it starting with the shutting down the X server all the way threw well I cant find it now and really kinda need it. So if some one could point me in the right direction or if they could explain to me what to do I would be very gratefull. I have a copy of the Nvidia instructions but unfortunetly when I read them I am pretty sure I look like a monkey starring at a math problem ....

2. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

3. comprookie20

comprookie20

4. Nvisible

Nvisible Thread Starter

Thank you very much but like I said earlier

" I have a copy of the Nvidia instructions but unfortunetly when I read them I am pretty sure I look like a monkey starring at a math problem ...."

There was a thread in this forum that I had found for a friend unfortunetly now I need it it gives step by step instruction on how to install even tells you how to turn off the x server which is what I dont know how to do.. or how to run the driver I have no experiance in linux infact this is my attempt to figure it out so i know no command I know nothing

Sorry that I am such a newbie...

5. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

6. Nvisible

Nvisible Thread Starter

That was it thank you so much

7. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Good. I do that sometimes when i have 25+ tabs open.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice