1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linux instead of Win 7?

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Biffons, Jan 18, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

And just copying the distros / easy2boot on USB to another one or to the hard disk and then to USB-Stick seems to work.

With YUMI it is also possible to run multiple distros / ISOs from a single USB-Stick.

2. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Copying back and forth has worked well for me using Sandisk flashdrives.

But I just tried it out on a Kanguru brand flash drive with a write switch and it wouldn't boot.
    Only Rufus would make it bootable and I had to install Puppy from a fresh iso file.

So there is that exception.

3. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

And suddelny the easy2boot USB-Sticks are not bootable anymore, ldlinux.c32 couldn't be loaded or so is displayed.

Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-29-1.2 looks very good as well (besides of the flickering display.

4. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice