1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

linux server - host email

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by saj1011, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saj1011

saj1011 Thread Starter

Hello.

i need to use an external email for my laptop via logging into a external server, linux server will probably do the trick.

I was thinking maybe using an external server to host email client on, something like Mozilla Thunderbird.

So, how can i do this? any recommendations for Linux server and best email program to use? i have a very limited budget for this also.

also, perhaps i can install server software on my separate pc and host it there? please advise.

Please advise.

Many thanks

2. saj1011

saj1011 Thread Starter

i also have a linux server via godaddy where i host my website, is it possible some how to run ubuntu on that?

then i can remote into ubuntu server via windows 10 on my pc/laptop.

that would solve all my problems!

thanks

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    A slight change to the title and wording of your closed thread is not going to cut it. Closing for the same reason your minutes-earlier thread was closed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice