1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

linux terminal resolution

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by catalepsic, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catalepsic

catalepsic Thread Starter

I need to change my resolution I googled for some info. but when I try "xrandr" I get
    unable to open display?

2. linuxphile

linuxphile Administrator

The error you are receiving is most likely caused by there being no X server running. You say you want to change your terminal resolution. Can you elaborate on that? Are you ssh'd into a machine and want the font to be larger/smaller? Are you using PuTTY?

What Linux distro are you running?

3. catalepsic

catalepsic Thread Starter

ok. I am running slackware 10.1 (not logged in remotely) and I want to change my current resolution on the console.
    not anything for the x-server. my current screen resolution is at 1024 X 768 but the fonts look to small. I need to change it to 800 x 600, but like I said I get an error.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice