Linux to Windows transition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aravindhaswamy95

Hi there, I recently tried to change my OS from Ubuntu to Windows 10 but couldn't see my usb in the boot menu so I formatted all the partitions including swap to NTFS using Ubuntu's disk manager, hoping that I will be able to boot from usb if the partitions were changed to NTFS format. But even when I load the boot menu now, I couldn't find the option to boot from my usb device. Can anyone assist me on this?

TerryNet

Terry
What devices are in the BIOS (or UEFI?) boot menu?

Why are you sure, or what makes you think, that the computer is capable of booting from USB? I am assuming that by "my usb" you really mean a USB flash drive that contains an install-able Windows 10.

plodr

Liz
What choices are in the boot menu?
How was Ubuntu installed on the computer?

peterh40

Peter
Choices are
1) Windows (default)
2) Ubuntu
3) Advanced options for Ubuntu
4) Memory test (memtest 86+)
5) Memory test (memtest 86+, serial console 115200)

It will install grub on the boot partition, when you install Linux on a new partition and available OS' to the grub menu.

TerryNet

Terry
That post is extremely confusing, Peter! Both Liz and I asked the Thread Starter for that type of information. And, besides, it doesn't matter what the boot choices are for you or me or anyone else but the Thread Starter at this point in the thread.

peterh40

Peter
My apologies, I didn't know that. It may be helpful to specify the name of the person that you are directly questions to rather than as a result of the last reply in the thread...

TerryNet

Terry
Oh. You thought Liz was questioning you? Well, maybe you are right and I am wrong. If so, my apologies! Guess we've teamed up for enough confusion in this thread! :D

plodr

Liz
No, my questions are directed to the thread starter, Peter, because that person owns the thread and the problem.
So Terry, you were correct to assume I was asking the thread starter who seems to have disappeared.

I guess we're all done here unless the OP returns and starts answering questions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online