1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Linux you win i lose

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by garyduel, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garyduel

garyduel Thread Starter

This is not really a question/problem anymore, i have just lost all plug and play devices on this abomination of a laptop , it no longer recognises my usb ports or cdrom drive anymore.....I so desperately wanted to play a windows based game i tried to install an xp version on this LinpuSS acer aspire one Laptop that it has finally destroyed any bastion of possible boredom relief that i could have as i spend the next 2 months of this job now reading a book.
    These laptops should never have been realeased on a commercial scale with such an unuser friendly GUI... If Linux boffins want to say how great there products are and how you have to have a computer knowledge to use them and if you dont steer clear , all well and good but then Acer should not commercial release these travesties on the commercial market, i now have no videos to watch can not even send an email as i cant copy it to put onto a thumb drive to send it from another computer on the ship. it is basically a 500 buck picture frame of 7 shots of the universe,, I am absolutely gutted and ontop of that a light on the top of the 4 leds is lit up it looks to be a keypad lock....typical...you win Linux i retreat from your OS never to venture there again

2. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger

Usually when an OS loses its hardware it could be a defective motherboard. This kind of stuff happens with any OS. It has happened to someone I know with a Windows XP laptop. Windows lost its CD drive, USB ports, wireless hardware etc. Her motherboard crapped out on her.

3. garyduel

garyduel Thread Starter

Thanks buddy
    i am over my dummy spit now, must admit yesterday i was pretty upset but am over it now and getting on with it all, so appreciate your feedback on the matter, hopefully may have a win somewhere down the track and get this little laptop back on target

cheers

gary

4. Kinnison

Kinnison

If everything dissapeared, then yeah it must be something hardware-wise thats broken. I suggest a visit to a repair shop or use of guarantee if there is one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice