1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LIP's for Vista Basic english US

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by IMiteBable2help, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMiteBable2help

IMiteBable2help Thread Starter

OK, I've been doing some research since there are many clients coming to me wanting to have the ability to take their laptops to Mexico and have their family understand the words they are seeing on the computer. MS neutered Vista Basic so you can't just install a language pack and go for it. FINE.

But they have this other conflicting info saying you CAN change much of the system interface such as dialogue boxes to a different language.

So, I check it out. This applies to vista basic english installation. I can install LIP's in the following languages:

This package applies to the following languages:
    • Afrikaans*
    • Albanian*
    • Armenian*
    • Assamese*
    • Azeri*
    • Bengali (India)*
    • Bosnian - Cyrillic*
    • Bosnian - Latin*
    • Gujarati*
    • Filipino*
    • Hindi*
    • Icelandic
    • Indonesian*
    • Inuktitut
    • Icelandic
    • Indonesian*
    • IsiXhosa*
    • IsiZulu*
    • Georgian*
    • Kazakh*
    • Luxembourgish
    • Macedonian*
    • Malay (Malaysia)*
    • Malay (Brunei Darussalam)
    • Marathi*
    • Oriya*
    • Serbian - Cyrillic*
    • Sesotho sa Leboa*
    • Tamil*
    • Uzbek - Latin*
    • Vietnamese*
    • Welsh

ARE THEY SERIOUS? IS THIS A JOKE? because I am not laughing. I mean, what the hello is marathi? Tamil? IsiXhosa? I can install those, but not friggen Spanish? C'mon!!!! WT...??? gives?

This has to be a joke.

All that aside, does anyone have any advice on what I CAN do to help out those with Vista Basic and very little comprehension of english? Is there anything I can do for them that won't cost $199 for an upgrade to ultimate?

2. kenny111111

kenny111111

hello

I haven't used this but heard it works, its worth a look...good luck & let us know .... thx... http://www.froggie.sk/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice