1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

liquid cooling question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lee-mac, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lee-mac

lee-mac Thread Starter

Hi there i have just ordered the thermaltake bigwater 745 liquid cooling kit because i have recently overclocked my amd 6000+ from 3gig to 3.3gig and its running a little hot.My question is in the package i get some anitfreeze uv reactive solotion to fill it up with,but if this was ever to leak will this kill my pc parts the reason i am paranoid about it leaking is i have recently just got me 2x 8800gtx cards wich was not cheap and i dont want to kill my pc.I want to know if there is a safer liquid i can use.I know that they shouldnt leak if it is assembled correctly and not rushed but nothing is 100pct :/ many thx guys(y)

2. CDATech

CDATech

Any liquid leaking onto a running computer is a bad thing. I think the best thing to do is test it for leaks before installing it into the live system if possible.

3. lee-mac

lee-mac Thread Starter

Ok thx its a bit ove a pain in the chuff all that messing about but if its gona stop me being paraniod then i have an old pc i can test it with .cheers mate :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/710487

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice